Thursday, May 15, 2008

Science Fiction in Real Life

I hate watching scary movies. Yes, I do know intellectually that the stories aren't real and that the actors really are all alive at the end. I hate watching them because later on at inopportune moments, such as when I am trying to fall asleep, I see those vivid images in my mind's eye. I find that disturbing.

I like reading the newspaper because it has always seemed a relatively safe genre to avoid being completely creeped out by images. However, two stories that appeared in yesterday's news has me rethinking my assumption.


The first from MSNBC involves swarms of ants that have invaded Houston.











The second from the Seattle Post-Intelligencer involves giant beetles (some the size of a child's hand!) in Pennsylvania.







EEWWWW!

No comments: