Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Best Salad Ever: Nordstrom Cafe Salmon Nicoise

Last week I went shopping with Marlo and we stopped at the Nordstrom Cafe in Bellevue Square for a quick lunch.

Marlo had the turkey cranberry sandwich, which she said was really good.  I had the Salmon Nicoise (pronounced NEE-swahze) and was BLOWN AWAY.

It was, quite simply, the best salad I have ever had in my entire life.

It was comprised of mixed greens dressed in a balsamic vinaigrette - mine could have been much lighter dressed, which I will specifically request next time I go.  On top of that there was new potatoes (pretty sure these were Yukon Gold), steamed green beans, tomatoes, capers, Nicoise olives, and hard-boiled eggs.  All of this was topped with a piece of herb grilled salmon.

I wish I had thought to snap a picture of the salad before Marlo and I dug in - maybe on a future visit.  It was pretty, but it tasted even better.  I don't particularly enjoy shopping; however, I'll at least have something to look forward to when taking a break from a future shopping excursion.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ordering this salad from Nordstrom's Bistro. At less than $10, it was a bargain as well.

No comments: