Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Whoo Hoo! I won! (Oh, maybe not really).

I entered an online drawing for AM 1090 (Progressive Talk). I received an email yesterday with the subject line, "You are a precinct 1090 winner... "Common Ground," notifying me that I had won a copy of their book club book, Common Ground.

I have a reading addiction so severe that I'll read the ketchup bottles and cereal boxes if I don't have any other reading materials at breakfast. So, I was completely thrilled to have won a book. However, as I read further down in the notification email, I found that I have to pick up my prize from the radio station on Dexter Avenue North. Hmmmm, is it really worth it to have to drive from my home all the way downtown, through the horrid Seattle traffic with its six-hour long rush hours, spending both time and gasoline, in order to pick up a book?

I'm going to call them today and see if there is some way I could pay for media-mail shipping to send the book to me. Otherwise, I think I'll be checking this one out from the library instead.

No comments: