Thursday, April 3, 2008

Life imitating art?

I remember when I was a kid, my family got cable television. Not such a big deal these days, but back then it was. We weren't supposed to watch certain movies on HBO or Showtime without approval from our parents. However, like all kids, we snuck in a few. Come to think of it, maybe this is the source of my current problem of having to hide my eyes during the gruesome bits during movies...but I digress.

Today in the news, there was a story about a young girl who was attacked by a hawk at Fenway Park.

I know it is totally irrational, but ever since I was a kid and watched either The Omen or Damien: Omen II (I can't remember which one) with the scene where the birds attack and kill the lady who was suspicious of Damien's devil-ness, I picture that scene when walking through a parking lot with large amounts of birds nearby, etc.

The thought of having a hawk swoop towards me with its talons exposed - yikes! That poor girl.

No comments: