Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Kitchen, My World - Germany

I picked the My Kitchen My World destination this week. In honor of Oktoberfest, I selected Germany.

I made Hofbrau Beer Brat's from Trader Joe's (who I love, love, love), with roasted potatoes, carrots and onions, served with with pub beer mustard.

First, I browned some onions and carrots.

Once the onions and carrots were softened, I added diced potatoes that I pre-cooked in the microwave.

I then removed the vegetables and browned the brats.

Once the brats were browned, I put both the brats and the vegetables into the oven. Why? Because I had to go pick up Marlo from work and I wanted dinner to be ready for her when she got home after her long day. (On occasion, I can be a nice mom...)

And Voila! Dinner was dished up within minutes of getting home. Marlo loves mustard in all forms so she really liked this meal. I enjoyed it too.

You can see what the other Chefs with Passports have created here.

5 comments:

Dewi said...

Wow, looks so scrumptious. I am sure it tasted great.
Cheers,
Elra

Roxanne said...

Thanks Elra.

I can't wait to try your German roast chicken and dumplings next.

NKP said...

Great German fare. I would love this with a couple of mustards and a couple of beers!

Roxanne said...

Yeah, beer would have been good. It wasn't until I was posting on the blog that I thought, "I forgot the beer!" It is still in my cupboard. :)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This has German written all over it:D