Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm chasing chickens, she says.

Painting is coming along like a breeze. Jonathan is Mr. Speedy, which is good on one hand. However, with speed comes a certain amount of imprecision, which is bad. But, he's never professed to be a professional painter and I'm on a tight budget (the unemployed law student budget) so I'm happy anyway. All of the ceilings are done, and the final coat of paint in the bathroom. Tomorrow, he'll knock out the final coat of paint in the kitchen, my bedroom and probably most of the living room. Makes me happy as a clam!

After I drove Jonathan home, I returned to the house and decided to try my hand at No-Knead Bread. The recipe calls for 1/4 teaspoon of instant yeast. I had to call Jamie to ask her about the multiple packages of different yeast she left in my freezer when she moved. I called. She said, "Hurry up, I can't talk. I'm chasing chickens." Yet again another sentence from my twin that I am absolutely positive I will never, ever speak.

Anyway, the trick to no-knead bread is that time replaces kneading. So, I'm letting the dough rise 12-18 hours and will bake the loaf tomorrow afternoon. I have high hopes for this recipe, but will report in and let you know how it turns out. I have my butter knife at the ready.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ok this was just plain funny... Also, why is part of your blog page showing up in Dutch? Weird...

Roxanne said...

I answered your question before about the dutch, Jamie. It is because shortly after starting the blog, I spent a month in Amsterdam. It reset to dutch because my IP was in the Netherlands. It never reset when I came home and I don't know how to get it to reset.