Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm not getting anything done....

School starts tomorrow. I have reading I'm supposed to do. I need to get organized. I need to figure out what I am going to wear tomorrow. Do I have shoes? However, I'm not getting anything done. Why? Because a 38 year old woman's body is not meant to stay up until what it thinks is 4:00 a.m. several days in a row.

I am fighting jet lag, which everyone says is supposed to be easier when you travel west than when you travel east. However, I'm not so sure. I am a zombie right now, except when hostility kicks in.

I just whacked my sister's cat for walking on the dining room table. I'm not surprised that I whacked it, after all, it should know better. But I was surprised by the hostility I felt - like this cat was flaunting my personal authority by walking on the table in my sight. I'm pretty sure the cat just wanted to walk on the table and didn't mean it as a personal affront to me.

Plus, this just seems harder when I think that I have to get Marlo from work in about 45 minutes and take her out to dinner (I promised her sushi). Then, I have class tomorrow and a meeting of the Steering Committee for the Center for Human Rights and Justice in the early evening (when I'd rather be on my way home). What makes all that really sucky is not that I have to do it, but rather that I have to maintain some semblence of cheerfulness in the process.

I just want to curl up on the couch with a nice soft blanket and pillow and not move for the next three days. I had no idea that exhaustion could be physically painful.

No comments: