Sunday, September 30, 2007

It all balances out. *Updated*

Lest any of you got on board with my outrage over my vacuum this morning, I figured that I should make another post in fairness to my sister.

Today, I'm overwhelmed. I have too much homework and my house is too messy. On top of it, I got my nails done and I think they belong on the cover of "Trailer Trash Digest." What happenned to the calm, peaceful and classy life I vision?** Today, it is just not to be.

Anyway, I stopped studying long enough to realize that I'm very hungry. So, I went up the stairs to see if Jamie had anything good made (she does "home-cooking" - things like pot roast and chicken 'n dumplings and ribs, etc.). She didn't have anything like that made, but is up there as I type sauteing Pad Thai for me.

So, while I'm irritated at times living one floor below my sister and her kids, it usually evens out.


**Since writing the above, my friends Kris and Anjali have reminded me that I am going through a cultural adjustment being home - and being slammed with starting school, a weather change, re-adjusting to parenting a teenager, etc., all at the same time. I have to remember to cut myself some slack.

No comments: