Saturday, August 25, 2007

104 F

This morning, the class went to Ostia Antica (post coming soon). It was so hot that I was glad when we were done as there wasn't much shade there. When I got back to the apartment this afternoon, I had lunch and then decided to take a nap before going out in the early evening to explore and take pictures. As I slept, it seemed to get hotter and hotter and hotter and hotter.

I just googled the current temperature in Rome and verified that it was 104 F! The weather is more of a shock to me than anything else here. When I was in Amsterdam, it rained a lot, even though it was fairly warm. When I was in France, the second week it rained and was cold - just like October weather. To go from that degree of cold to this degree of hot is really challenging.

However, I am putting on my shoes now and heading out. I hope that the stone and marble of the churches help keep them cool!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found a way to stay cool when I was in India, wet your hair. Take a scarf with you during your travels, wet it and put in around your head when you are hot and you will cool down quickly.

Love Ya, Anj