Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Plowing away seems to be the order of the day.

I'm down here in Tulsa, working two jobs for the summer. The first is a full-time job as an intern at the Tulsa Country District Court, and the second is a part-time job in a local law office.

Frankly, I'm tired. I'm continuing my plan I embarked on on Saturday past, in order to get down to a healthy weight by my 40th birthday, and to get to my pre-pregnancy weight by the time I go to France next Spring.

Today's food log and observations are:

Breakfast:

1 slice brioche & honey (I really like brioche. My French mom, Jacqueline, makes a dietetic version that I just have to get the recipe for.)
Coffee

Lunch:

Leftover lemon potatoes
Tuna & tomato salad
Nectarine

I then noticed when I went to my second job at 3:00 that I was fighting the compulsion to eat, but I wasn't really hungry. What I am is exhausted. All I have been doing this week is just trying to make it through - plowing away at what needs to be done. I wonder how much being a single mom, full-time student, and part-time employee, has contributed to my weight problem simply because I think I need to eat when my energy slumps? Anyway, I didn't give in to it and drank water instead.

Then, I came home and made dinner which was:

Shrimp & avocado salad
1 small slice baguette w/ leftover pate
1/2 of a homemade sausage
Ginger carrots
and 3 small tea cookies

Overall, I am pleased with my progress and with the great meals I am making don't feel deprived at all. I will say that with planning, they are much more balanced than I normally would eat - especially since I plan out meals many days in advance to use up leftovers, but not eat things consecutively so that I get bored with them. I'm saving money, eating healthier, and eating tastier meals than I do in my normal not-thinking mode of just plowing through the day.

No comments: