Monday, October 8, 2007

Can someone inform my allergies that it is autumn?

For the past week, I've been waking up at 3:00 a.m. (or so) with raging headaches. Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure the headaches are due to airborn allergies. It's odd as these usually strike me in the spring, not the fall. I really wasn't hit this spring, but sure am getting it now. I think my current attack is due to not being around cats for several months, and then returning to Lucy. Of course, most (perhaps all?) of my friends are also cat-lovers so I'm getting hit at their houses as well. I usually don't react to cats so my absence is the only thing I can point to.

The difficulty is that when I am out and about and at school, I'm not suffering so I forget to take allergy meds. Then, I go to sleep in my half-packed, box-filled apartment that desperately needs a full "spring cleaning" (you know, vacuuming under the beds, etc.) after having Lucy shedding all summer and I wake up miserable. My airway is all swollen and when I relax while sleep, it collapses further and I wheeze. Ugh!

I'm picking up some prescriptions today and am going to put them on my nightstand in the hopes that I will remember to take them before misery strikes.

No comments: