Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm such a wuss.

In an effort to raise my low pop-culture score, I "watched" Syriana last night. I had read the book that the movie was "inspired by" titled, "See No Evil" by former CIA agent Robert Baer.**

The reason "watched" is in quotes is because I alternately: (1) missed a lot of dialogue from not reading the subtitles fast enough (and didn't want to annoy Tod by constantly asking him to clarify); (2) covering my eyes during the gruesome parts; or (3) finally falling asleep because the movie was too nuanced (or boring, don't know which) for my overtired brain.

I think my remedial program needs to start with meaningless comedies.



**Like most movies made from books, I found the book better. However, take that with a grain of salt because I clearly didn't watch it much. It also might be that I hate Matt Damon in anything but the Bourne Identity. The man doesn't have facial expressions. We went and saw "The Good Shepard" on my birthday last year and I slept through that as well. Hmmm, spotting a trend here. Maybe I'm not as much of a wuss as I thought - maybe Matt Damon is my personal form of Ambien.

No comments: