Thursday, October 18, 2007

How do you like your eggs?

I heard on the radio the other day that "How do you like your eggs?" is the pickup line du jour. As I listened to the broadcast, I thought, "What the heck kind of pickup line is that? That is completely stupid. What do eggs have to do with anything?"

On Sunday, my friend Kelvin explained to me, the unenlightened-dater, that the pickup line implies that one will be there in the morning to eat said eggs. OHHHHHH!!!! (Turn light bulb on here.)

I was actually thinking that the line would be a useful screening device to find the kind of quirky man that would suit me. My favorite is "eggs and soldiers," which are soft-boiled eggs, served in an egg cup, with little toast tranches for dipping. I think all will agree that if I ever find a single, straight man that owns egg cups, he has high potential of being my soul mate.

However, I think I would have a different response if ever I get this line from a man. As most of you know, I am a twin. Recently, I got the news that my cousin, Devin, is having triplets boys and is due to deliver in late December or January. Of course, to handle the strain of the pregnancy, she will be quitting work in the next few weeks. My mom says that it is good that Devin is finding out early that she is having multiple babies instead of the day of delivery, like my mom did. She said that my dad and the doctor came in the room while she was in labor and said, "How would you like to have two?" Mom thought Dad was joking, because he is a big practical-joker, and replied, "Oh John! You are not funny." However, he wasn't joking and here I am. Twins apparently run in the family.

Therefore, I would say that my current response to this pickup line would be, "Unfertilized, thanks."

No comments: