Thursday, July 5, 2007

Arrived


Thanks to the help of friends and family, I wrapped up all the last-minute details of leaving an adult life for two months and got on the plane.

Mom came over and helped me at my house; Jamie found shoes (which did give me a small blister before I even got out of the airport, but they should be OK) and Euros; Kelly got me a bunch of travel-sized Mary Kay products; Marlo, despite being exhausted from working all day, helped me write checks and pay the bills; Jeff (of Anjali & Jeff fame) got me an ethernet cable, which is enabling me to update this blog as we speak; and Anjali (the other half of the famous Anjali & Jeff couple) helped me pack my house up and gave me a fabulous pair of moisturizing gel socks. My friend George Stone gave me a copy of "Ipse Dixit: How the World Looks to a Federal Judge" by William L. Dwyer. The day of my departure, Anjali and Jeff took me to breakfast and then to the airport. That's them in the picture. We decided to sit in the "London" booth because it is not on my itinerary. Thanks everyone for your help.

The flight over was uneventful. I sat next to a Romanian lady and we spent the flight seeing who could be nicer to the other. I gave her my cheddar rice cakes - she let me keep a pillow in the middle to rest my left arm on, etc. It made for a good flight.

I'll be updating this blog with several more posts tomorrow about my first day - Yes, it was THAT eventful. By breaking it up into several posts, I hope to keep it a more readable length.

No comments: