Sunday, July 29, 2007

Local junk-mail management










When Frank and I were walking to his car on Saturday, I asked him about these stickers that are on all of the mailbox slots in Amsterdam. Some say Nee and Nee in orange (see left) and some say Nee and Ja in both orange and green (see right). I couldn't figure out what these stickers were for.

Frank told me that these stickers let the postman know if that resident will accept "unaddressed mail" and "magazines." Each residence can designate no or yes to either one. I should have asked him more about the "magazine" designation because if the resident subscribed to a periodical, one would assume it would be addressed to them. I'm wondering if he meant "brochures" or some other kind of unsolicited "magazine." I'll find out and let you know.

No comments: