Monday, July 16, 2007

Do they have tornados in the Netherlands?


Yesterday, after the mid-day rainstorms, it got sunny and reached 28c, which is 82f. It was light until 10:30-10:45 p.m. and people were out in the garden playing some word-game (you try to get people to say a certain word by giving clues) - I don't know what it is called.

Today, around 7:30 p.m., I had to turn my light on in order to read the materials for tomorrow's class. It was really dark and ominous outside. I was worried that those clouds could spawn a tornado. There was a lot of lightening and thunder.

A few minutes after I took the first picture of the threatening sky, it opened up and started to pour down rain. I don't know how well it shows up in the picture - where it is blurry is due to the solid sheet of rain coming down.

No comments: