Sunday, July 8, 2007

Flooding & Noise Update

Professor Larson called the leasing company about the leaky window. They were supposed to send maintenance over to fix it. (Fat chance - it is really bad and plaster has been falling off the sheetrock for days now). Anyway, I can't tell if maintenance was here as none of the glasses or towels I had put down on the window sill were moved. We'll know the next time there is a hard rain. Until then, I'm keeping anything valuable away from the window.

My first night here, Thursday, was terrible in terms of noise. I complained mightily to the Resident Assistant the next day. Friday evening, before 11:00 p.m., there were some people playing music loudly and screaming (Whoo-Hooo!), etc. I emailed the RA because I am not getting a cell phone over here, and it seems they squelched that fairly quick (yes, I am a proud party-pooper). About an hour later, some other people started playing music very loudly, but that was stopped (or they stopped it themselves - I don't know which) shortly thereafter. For the last two nights, it has been fairly quiet after 11:00 p.m. and I've been able to sleep decently.

The good news is that despite having a little cheap Ikea twin bed, it is super-comfortable.

I'll keep y'all posted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetheart,

I love reading your blogs and sign in every day to see what you are up to. You are my bestest buddy and I miss you, with these blogs, I get to go with you!

Love Anjali

Unknown said...

Hi dear,

How was your first day at school?

Love ya, Anjali